Wärtsilä is an innovative technology company known for being a forerunner in the Marine and Energy markets. Every day, we – Wärtsilians – put our hearts and minds into turning Wärtsilä’s purpose of enabling sustainable societies through innovation in technology and services into reality. Our ultimate aim is to provide increased value to both our customers and society. New, game-changing ideas and continuous improvement have been part of our DNA since 1834. Together, we can create new business opportunities and more sustainable future that we can all be proud of. We want to transition the world towards a decarbonised and sustainable future. By pushing the boundaries of engineering and technology, we can make it work. We are always on the lookout for future-oriented talent – want to join the ride?
Wärtsilä’s Investor Relations team is looking for an
Junior Investor Relations Specialist (Fixed term until the end of February 2024)
The role of Wärtsilä’s Investor Relations is to keep the financial community informed about Wärtsilä’s strategy, performance and business environment in a way that gives them a fair view of Wärtsilä as an investment. We work as part of the Finance and Control function in close cooperation with the top management.
Your main responsibilities include:
- Managing and developing Wärtsilä’s IR website
- Preparing and publishing investor relations materials, such as presentations, interim and annual reports, stock exchange releases, as well as web and social media content together with the rest of the team
- Taking part in organising roadshows, investor conferences, Capital Market Days, Annual General Meetings etc.
- Supporting various other IR work and potentially also other teams in Finance and Control
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in a relevant field (e.g. business, economics, finance)
- Good understanding of financial figures and equity markets
- Excellent command of MS PowerPoint and other MS tools
- Strong interest in investor relations and content creation
- “Can do” attitude, flexibility, ability to work independently and under pressure, attention to detail
- An outspoken team player, self-driven, proactive, service-minded and outgoing personality
- Excellent communication skills in English and Finnish (written and spoken)
- Social media skills, experience in creating short video clips considered an asset
- Previous experience from IR, finance, communications or investment banking
What we offer:
You get to work in a global listed company in a world class IR function, closely with the top management and in close connection with the financial markets. You are empowered to contribute to developing the team and the IR function even further.
As an Investor Relations Specialist, you will report to the Vice President, Investor Relations.
The hybrid position is located at Wärtsilä Helsinki Campus, Finland.
To apply, please send your application through our Careers site as soon as possible, latest by 4th of April 2023.
Contact person to give more information:
Vice President, Investor Relations
Last application date: 04/04/2023
At Wärtsilä we value, respect and embrace all our differences, and are committed to diversity, inclusion and equal employment opportunities; everyone can be their true self and succeed based on their job-relevant merits and abilities.
This is Wärtsilä
Wärtsilä is a global leader in innovative technologies and lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. Our team of 17,000 professionals, in more than 200 locations in 68 countries, shape the decarbonisation transformation of our industries across the globe. Read more on www.wartsila.com.
22.03.2023 to 04.04.2023